Just how to Add Clients to Quickbooks Online Accountant (No Matter Who They Are)
In the past, QuickBooks® Online Accountant was simply a portal to get into your QuickBooks Online clients’ books. Today, it’s a great deal more. QuickBooks Online Accountant could be the one place where you are able to manage all of your clients therefore the work you will do for them, even in the event they are not on QuickBooks. You’ll be able to organize and view contact information, assign and track projects, and collaborate with clients and your team. If You want to know about QuickBooks Online Accountant just call on our toll free number.
To make best use of this powerful platform, you’ll want to have your entire firm’s clients on your own client list, whether they use QuickBooks Online or perhaps not. How you approach adding a customer to your list varies with respect to the circumstances. We’ll discuss three common client types and how better to bring them aboard.
Client Type 1: “Does n't have QuickBooks Online yet, but they are a great fit and I also wish to subscribe them”
In the event your client have not signed up for QuickBooks Online, adding them through QuickBooks Online Accountant could be the path to take for a number of reasons.
You’ll have the ability to:
Make sure your client is signed up for the subscription level that best fits their needs.
Benefit from discounts.
Access your client’s books right away, with your own login credentials, without waiting on an invitation.
Assign team members access to operate in the client’s books, too. Multiple users can be logged in at the same time.
Do have more time for you to convert your client’s QuickBooks desktop file, if applicable.
Just how to add them to your list:
1. From the homepage of QuickBooks Online Accountant, Click Add Client into the upper right of the client list.
2. Under Client contact information, select whether your client is a small business or Individual and fill within their name and contact information. Click +Add more info if you’d prefer to add additional details now, such as for instance a business address and contact number.
3. Under QuickBooks subscription, pick from the next billing and discount options:
Wholesale discount: Your firm is billed and also you receive a discount of 50 percent off the list price for the time of that subscription.
Direct discount: Your client pays for their own subscription. They are going to receive a price reduction when it comes to first one year and pay the normal rate thereafter. In the event that you choose this program, your client will receive a contact asking them to enter their own billing information upon logging in.
No subscription at this time: Your client will undoubtedly be included with your client list without getting subscribed to QuickBooks. We’ll talk about this in more detail when we look at the third client type.
After selecting the billing option, pick the kind of subscription: QuickBooks Online Plus, QuickBooks Online Essentials or QuickBooks one-man shop. Click “Compare” to review the distinctions between them.
Note: you can easily bundle QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll or Full Service Payroll to a QuickBooks Online Plus or Essentials subscription. The total cost will update based on your choices.
Next, choose whether or not in order to become the Master Admin associated with the client’s QuickBooks company. The Master Admin is definitely the owner and primary contact for the subscription.
4. Under Team access, select which members of your firm you intend to get access to the client’s books. Click + Show all team members to see your full team member list. To give all team members access, check out the top box.
If you're a group member, you and the firm’s master admin will automatically be selected.
5. Click Save and your client will likely be subscribed and added to your client list. Click the green QB icon close to their name/business name to start the books to get started.
Client Type 2: “Already subscribed to QuickBooks Online, however they are instead of my client list”
How to add them to your list:
1. Ask your client to invite you to their Quickbooks Online as an accountant user. They’ll find this choice by simply clicking the My Accountant tab within the left navigation panel. They're going to need the current email address you employ for QuickBooks Online Accountant.
Note: Whichever team member accepts the client’s invitation can be the lead for that client. If the team member’s access is revoked as time goes by, the lead could be assigned to another person.
After the invite is accepted, the My Accountant tab is where your client can view your requests and any documents distributed to your firm.
2. When your client finishes inviting you, pull up the invitation in your email. The topic line will read: [Company Name] has invited one to use QuickBooks Accountant.
3. Click the Accept Invite button.
Note: when you have one or more Intuit ID under your current email address, choose the one you want to keep company with that client. If you curently have QuickBooks Online Accountant, remember to select the user ID that you use to log into your firm.
4. Enter the user ID and password you utilize for QuickBooks Online Accountant and then click Accept Invitation.
When you have one or more QuickBooks Online Accountant firm under your user ID, you're going to be asked to find the firm you wish to this client to.
5. Select Continue along with your client list will show up. Click the green QB icon to open up the books.
Note: in many cases, you can easily move clients to your Wholesale subscription if desired. Click the gear icon within the upper right corner > select Your Account > then select Move clients to wholesale.
Client Type 3: “Not a good fit for QuickBooks Online at this time, but I would like to manage projects and client requests for them”
In a great world, all your clients could be using QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Self-Employed, but we all know that is not always realistic.
Fear not, my accountant friends. Even clients which are using certainly one of our desktop QuickBooks solutions or other products can and really should be added to your client list in QuickBooks Online Accountant. This will allow you to manage your entire work in one place, irrespective of your customers’ preferred bookkeeping platform.
Just how to add them to your list:
1. From the homepage of QuickBooks Online Accountant, click Add Client when you look at the upper right of your client list.
2. Under Client contact information, select whether your client is a company or Individual and fill inside their name and email address. Click +Add more info if you’d prefer to add additional details now, such as for example a company address and telephone number.
3. Under QuickBooks subscription, choose the option No subscription at this time. Your client will undoubtedly be included with your client list without being subscribed to QuickBooks.
4. Under Team access, select which members of your firm you intend to have usage of the customer. Click + Show all team members to visit your full team member list. To provide all team members access, look at the top box.
You and the group members you decide on is the only ones permitted to assign projects/tasks and produce requests when it comes to client into the Work tab. The selected team members is likewise in a position to create/view notes and email address when they click from the client’s name.
5. Click Save to officially add the customer to your list. When they need a Quickbooks Online subscription at a later time, it is possible to edit their profile and then make the switch.
I hope these three scenarios allow you to onboard new clients to QuickBooks Online Accountant. Stay tuned for more tutorials!